startup-accelerator-diary-1 The Rockstart Accelerator In Amsterdam is one of several world-class technology accelerators in The Netherlands. We entered ourselves into the competition earlier a few months ago, and came in the top percentile out of more than 500 companies, securing a place in the 100-day program. LeadBoxer is a spin off from the Rockstart program, which utilizes the Lean framework methodology.LeadBoxer is utilizing big data technology in order to make anonymous website traffic less anonymous, and function as an essential pre-sales tool. Currently being designed, tested & validated for the B2B market, the product works to create value from under-utilised
Blog & Articles.
We publish an ongoing series of blogs & articles on various topics related to digital analytics and online marketing.
Postal code reporting improved We’ve upgraded postal code databases for several EU countries and added Canada. The list of fully implemented postal code data now includes the following countries: US Canada Germany France Sweden Switzerland Finland The Netherlands UK In this example, you can see data from USA, UK, Canada, France, Netherlands, and Germany, specifically visitors from these cities; Seattle, London, Toronto, Amsterdam, Paris, Montreal, Munich, and Berlin. Other databases can be engineered and implemented upon request. Identify & Track your Visitors Start your free trial now! Other blog posts Definitions of Big Data Start your free, no-risk, 4 week
Visitor profiles enhanced with LinkedIn company info When information is detected, we are able to enhance visitor profiles in order to bring you a more complete picture of who is visiting your website.Specifically, we are able to provide key details about the companies from which you are receiving traffic. Some interesting metrics that we can provide include: website url number of employees industry category of the company In this example you can see that we are presenting information about a visitor from UPS – United Parcel Service. You can access this information and have it enrich your visitor profile data
Trendspotting 2014 How will your business respond to the increase in available digital data? With increasing data available, the winners will be those who understand the possibilities. Businesses are seeing that, increasingly, there is revenue to be earned through the intelligent use of data. Trendwatching. We live in a time of great technical change. Big things are happening, things which can have enormous impact on products, development, and revenue models. The question to ask is: what are important trends in business sectors that will drastically, disruptively, affect bottom lines? Trends are important, as are people who have the ability to
Mobile Version (Web App) Released Mobile optimized edition of Opentracker now available. We are pleased to announce that a mobile version of our reporting dashboard has been released and is now supported on mobile devices. We have started by releasing the dashboard as the first report optimized for mobile devices. We are currently planning the next feature to enable. What features should we add next? Please write and tell us what functionality you would like to have on your mobile. In other words, what would be the best piece of information to access when you are on-the-go, at a conference,
Do you pass the test? What does good custom reporting look like? Take the Opentracker Custom Reporting Pop Quiz and find out – does your analytics system pass the test? Question: What do good analytics and custom reporting look like in practice? Can you get the data you need, when you need it? Can you get the reports you need, when you need them? Above all, are the reports compact and relevant, or do they give you so much data that you experience ‘information overload’? Answer these questions yourself, with the Opentracker Reporting Challenge: Can you generate a report that
Why is Opentracker so darn good? New features, improvementsand state-of-the-art technology If we were still writing press releases, we’d be putting them out a few times a week. Q: Why is Opentracker moving so fast and releasing new features every two weeks at the moment?A: Highlights: we rebuilt our core technologies, implemented an API and changed our development methodology. We moved from MySQL to Cassandra, improved search features, and implemented Agile throughout our organization. Q: What does this actually mean?A: This makes feature development much easier for us and our customers. Opentracker is better at change than ever; fast, state-of-the-art,
Location ‘Unknown’ significantly reduced – accuracy increased to 97% Accuracy of visitor location dramatically increased to 97% With the addition of a second location database we have effectively reduced the number of occurrences of Location Unknown. A failover component has been introduced. Until today, when we identified a visitor or user, there was a 17% chance of an inaccurate, outdated, or unknown classification, meaning an accuracy of 83%. The margin of error has effectively been reduced to 3%, with the addition of a second database to improve upon our geo-location identification technology. This development pertains to location of website visitors
EU Postal Codes added As of June, 2013, we’ve added Postal Code (ZIP code) database information for six EU European Countries; Germany France Sweden Switzerland Finland The Netherlands More countries can be implemented, please contact us if you require this enhancement. These new databases have been placed in production and result in increased address location functionality. Improved EU postal database identification means that now, alongside United States and Canada, postal and ZIP code information is displayed for every visit/ visitor from any of the named countries. This is helpful with identifying visitor location and using the data to create geographically-oriented
CAO: Chief Analytics Officer There is a new CXO in town … called the Chief Analytics Officer! Authored by Tomas Higbey This is just to get you thinking about what’s coming in the next couple of years so that when the CAO shows up in town, you’ll recognize that person and be able to take him or her on. Just as Big Data is inevitable, so may be the creation of the Chief Analytics Officer or CAO. Companies that are neck-deep in Big Data wrestle with the challenges of multiple data-bases, overwhelming data storage issues and exponential data flows. In